Sometimes, just sometimes, you need something a bit different from your braised butter veggies or cheesy slaws. This light summer tabouleh makes a refreshing side and serves up oodles of healthy olive oil.
A little tomato goes a long way and some zest with the lemon juice really spreads the zing. Raw cauliflower rice is a crunchier low carb alternative to bulgur wheat. Pine nuts are a fat-laden treat but can come burdened with a price tag too, so feel free to substitute with chopped macadamias or brazils!
Here’s the nutritional information for one portion of this recipe. Please note this is calculated in Cronometer, as some of the values from Yumprint were a little odd and I wanted to make sure this captured all the ingredients properly.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 small tomato diced 1cm
- 1 tbsp chopped pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper pinch to taste
- Prepare all ingredients- rice cauliflower, finely chop herbs, dice tomato and mince garlic.
- In a large bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add all salad ingredients and toss to cover in dressing, taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- You can serve this tabouleh immediately, or keep it for up to two days in the fridge. When stored it will become heavier and more dense, but also more delicious 🙂